The Riverbank House Hotel is now inviting applications for the position of Chef de Partie. This is a challenging role for the right candidate, who has an established career as a chef in the Hotel/Restaurant sector and is keen to progress their skills in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for taking charge in multiple sections of the kitchen and managing of Commis Chefs within these sections. The ideal candidate will have a passion for food, an eagerness to learn, the ability to work as part of a team and lead by example.
You will work closely with the Head Chef on all matters relating to the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen. This is a four day working week with a great work /life balance
Suitable candidates will ideally have:
* Previous experience in a similar position and the ability to work in a busy environment
* Professional Chef Qualification, HACCAP Qualified.
* Flexibility with scheduling, as business requires
* Excellent Communication skills, including fluency in English.
* You must be able to work as part of a team and on your own merit.
* Proven ability to work under pressure
* Have a professional appearance and good work attitude
* Flexible with regards to working hours, weekend work will be required
* To assist in the preparation of food according to recipes, menus and cooking standards
* To assist in the set up and organisation of the workstations
* To contribute to the best of your ability to the production of food items
* To ensure all dishes are prepared in an efficient and timely fashion and to the appropriate standard
* To operate in a safe and responsible manner with recognised techniques and working to HACCP procedures and company policies
Job Type: Full-time (4 day work week)
Evening and Weekend work is common practice in this department, your flexibilty is essential.
Apply with CV & Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with position interested in Subject matter. Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by return.